- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
BNP submits list of 1046 ‘fictitious cases’ to PMO
Bangladesh Nationalist Party on Wednesday submitted a list of 1046 'fictitious cases' filed against its leaders and activists to the prime ministers' office.
BNP assistant office secretary Taiful Islam Tipu told UNB that the list of 'fictitious cases' was submitted to the PMO at 11:00am and PM's personal secretary Abdur Rahim received it.
He said that it was a partial list and more lists would be submitted later.
Besides, BNP submitted the same list to the Awami League president's Dhanmondi office at 11:15am.
Office assistant Shamim Ahmed received the list, said Tipu.
During a dialogue with Dr-Kamal Hosain-led Jatiya Oikya Front on November 1 prime minister Sheikh Hasina asked the BNP leaders to submit a list of its arrested leaders and activists.
In a letter attached with the list, BNP requested stopping of arrest and harassment of their leaders and activists in 'false' and 'fictitious' cases and withdrawal of these cases.