- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
EC starts sending polling materials to field level offices
Election Commission today started sending nomination forms and other polling materials to its field level offices from the BG Press in Dhaka ahead of the upcoming general election.
The nomination forms, pay slips, receipt books, the code of conduct of election and other polling materials are being sent to senior district election officers and district election officers from Tejgaon printing press.
The EC yesterday issued an official letter for sending the nomination forms and other polling materials to field level today.
The official letter, signed by EC assistant secretary Syed Golam Rashed, said the nomination forms and other polling materials will have to be sent to senior district election officers and district election officers and they will subsequently receive those.