- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Khaleda taken to jail illegally: Fakhrul
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia has been taken to prison illegally, her party’s Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir has alleged.
“Doctors did not release her. This was all the doing of the hospital’s director,” Fakhrul told reporters at the gates of old central jail on Nazimuddin Road.
He was reflecting on Khaleda’s shifting to jail, which took place earlier in the day, from Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University.
‘THIS IS INHUMANE’
BNP Standing Committee Member Nazrul Islam Khan has labelled the move “inhumane.” “She needs more treatment. Doctors have said she will become paralysed without proper treatment. Instead, they’ve taken her to prison,” he said.