- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Three killed in Tangail road accident
Three people were killed as a bus hit a CNG run auto-rickshaw at Hatia of Kalihati upazila in Tangail on Friday.
One of the deceased was identified as Sabur Mia, 35, the CNG run auto-rickshaw driver and son of Akter Ali of Bhuapur upazila while the identities of two others could not be known immediately.
Mosharraf Hossain, officer-in-charge of Bangabandhu Bridge East Police Station, said the accident took place around 6:00am when a North Bengal-bound bus hit the CNG run auto-rickshaw, leaving its driver dead on the spot and two passengers injured.
The injured were taken to Tangail to Tangail Sheikh Hasina Medical College and Hospital where the doctors declared them dead, he said.