- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
PCJSS man gunned down in Rangamati
A member of Parbatiya Chattagram Jana Sanghati Samity (PCJSS-MN Larma) was shot dead by miscreants at Baradam Bandartala of Longdu upazila in Rangamati early Friday.
The victim was identified as Bhaijja Gola Chakma alias Raja, an activist of the PCJSS-MN Larma reformist group and son of Dhirendra Chakma of Baradam area.
Ranjan Kumar Samanta, officer-in-charge of Langdu Police Station, said a group of miscreants swooped on the house of Shantimoy Chakma and opened fire on Raja in his sleep, leaving him dead on the spot.
Police suspected that Raja was killed by his rivals over establishing supremacy in the area, the OC said.