- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
JS polls: Mashrafe, Shakib to seek AL ticket
Bangladesh National Team cricketers Mashrafe Mortaza and Shakib Al Hasan want to contest the upcoming 11th parliamentary election with Awami League ticket from Narail and Magura respectively.
The top cricketers of the country will collect the AL’s nomination papers from the party’s election conducting office in Dhaka’s Dhanmondi at 10:00am tomorrow, Md Abu Naser, senior information officer of the ministry of Road Transport and Bridges, told BDchronicle.
Mashrafe and Shakib today talked to AL General Secretary Obaidul Quader, also the minister for Road Transport and Bridges, over phone in this regard, he said.
Mashrafe and Shakib will collect the nomination forms to contest in the election from Narail and Magura constituencies respectively, the official added.