- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Bullet hit body of suspected Yaba peddler found in Teknaf
Teknaf police recovered the bullet hit body of a suspected Yaba peddler from Doghapara cyclone shelter area of Hnila union of Teknaf in Cox’ Bazar on Saturday morning.
Police also seized three country-made guns, 18 of bullets and 15 thousand pieces of contraband Yaba tablets from that spot.
The victim was identified as Ziaul Bashir Shahin allies Shahid, 32, son of Syed Ahmed of West Sikder Para village of Hnila union of Teknaf.
According to the Teknaf police station officer-n-charge Prodip Kumar Das, two rivals groups of criminals were on a gunfight at Doghapara Cyclone shelter area, a hilly area of Nillha union at about 3:30am. At that time a group of Teknaf police were patrolling that area and hearing gunshots they rushed there.
Sensing police, the criminals opened fire on police and the police retaliated for their safety, he said.
Three policemen of Teknaf police station — Abdul Aziz, 23, Mehadi Hassan, 21 and Helel Uddin, 22 —were injured in that gunfight.
Later, Police recovered one bullet hit body, seized three local made guns, 18 rounds of bullets and 15 thousand pieces of contraband Yaba pills.
The injured policemen were admitted to Teknaf Hospital for treatment. And the body of Ziaul was sent to Cox’s Bazar General Hospital morgue for autopsy.
‘Ziaul Bashir Sahin allies Sahid was an enlisted Yaba godfather of this area. At least three cases are filed against him with Teknaf police station, earlier,’ Prodip said.
A case has been file with Teknaf police station in this connection.
However, Zahir Ahmed, secretary of Hnila Bazar traders owners association told BDchronicle that a group of plainclothesmen picked uo Ziaul Bashir Sahin allies Sahid from Hnila Darus Sunnah Madrassah mosque after Juma prayers on Friday and whisked him onto a microbus and hurriedly left the place.
A total of eight bullet-hit dead bodies were recovered in Teknaf in past two weeks.