- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Garo woman 'raped' in Sherpur
Unb, Sherpur :
A Garo woman was allegedly raped by two men in the district's Sreebardi upazila.
Police arrested one of the accused, Arfan Ali, who hails from Balijuri village in the same upazila.
Victim's family members said Arfan, 35, and his accomplice entered the woman's house in Kharamora village introducing themselves as law enforcers and violated her.
Hearing a female voice screaming for help, neighbours rushed to the house, caught Arfan and later handed him over to police. However, the other accused managed to flee the scene.
Mohammad Ruhul Amin Talukdar, officer-in-charge of Sreebardi Police Station, said police produced Arfan before a local court and sought three-day remand for him after the victim filed a case in this connection.
The victim was sent to a hospital for medical examinations, the OC added.