- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
EC to brief returning officers Tuesday
The Election Commission (EC) will brief the Returning Officers (ROs) and Assistant Returning Officers (AROs) on Tuesday on the law and order centring the upcoming national election.
The EC will give them directives on law and other issues at a workshop at the Electoral Training Institute (ETI) in the city’s Agargaon area.
To this end, the EC on Sunday sent a letter, signed by its Joint Secretary Farhad Ahammad Khan, to the cabinet division, reports BSS.
Divisional commissioners of Dhaka and Chattogram and Deputy Commissioners (DCs) of all districts have been appointed as Returning Officers for the upcoming 11th parliamentary election, the letter said.
The chief election commissioner, other election commissioners and the EC secretary will be present in the briefing, the letter added.