- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Body parts recovered in Ashulia
Police recovered scattered body parts of an unidentified man in Ashulia of Savar this morning.
Some morning walkers spotted the body parts in Nishchintapur area of Ashulia around 9:00am and informed police, our Savar correspondent reports quoting Javed Masud, officer-in-charge (investigation) of Ashulia Police Station.
Law enforcers recovered seven pieces of limbs belonging to a man, aged around 30-35 years, the OC said.
The body parts will be sent to Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College morgue in Dhaka for autopsy, he said adding that they suspect that the man was killed three to four days ago somewhere else and dumped there last night.