- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Amir Khasru freed from Chattogram jail on bail
BNP Standing Committee Member Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury was released on bail from Chattogram Central Jail in a case filed under the ICT Act this morning.
He walked out of the jail at 7:30am, said Proshanto Kumar Banik, senior jailer of the jail.
The bail order reached the jail on Sunday.
Earlier on November 4, The High Court granted bail to Khasru in the case.
Chattogram city unit Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) acting general secretary Zakaria Dastagir filed the case under sections 57 (2) of ICT Act and 15 (3) of the Special Powers Act with Kotwali police station on August 4.
The case was filed after a reported audio clip of telephonic conversation between the BNP leader and an unknown boy for intensifying the student movement, erupted after the death of two students in a road accident in the capital, went viral on Facebook and YouTube.