- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Tigers lose early wickets again Tigers lose early wickets again
Bangladesh are seeing the other side of the coin as having not imposed follow-on upon Zimbabwe, they have lost three top-order batsmen inside six overs of the early morning session.
Imrul Kayes was the first to go, slashing hard a a Kyle Jarvis delivery, without paying any mind to keeping the ball on the ground and was held at backward point. Two balls later a gem of a delivery squared up opener Liton Das, who played inside the line of the delivery but the away movement beat his bat and crashed onto the stumps.
Four deliveries into the sixth over, last innings's centurion Mominul Haque nicked Chakabva as Bangladesh were in early disarray on the morining session, losing three quick wickets.
Tigers decide not to enforce follow-on
Whether or not Bangladesh would make Zimbabwe follow-on and bat again was a major point of interest since the end of Day 3. The visitors were bowled out for 304 yesterday, handing the Tigers a 218 runs lead. The Tigers for their part have chosen to bat again this morning, perhaps wary of how the wicket will behave on Day 5.
The wicket as expected will show more cracks as the match progresses and Bangladesh did not want to be the ones batting last on that surface. With a big first innings lead to back them up, Bangladesh will look to put on at least a 400-plus target for Zimbabwe to chase and hope the likes of Taijul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Mehedi Miraz and Khaled Ahmed come good in the last innings of the match.