- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Oikyafront sits in meeting with CEC
Jatiya Oikyafront leaders are holding a meeting with Chief Election Commissioner KM Nurul Huda to discuss about their demand to move the election schedule by another month and to other election-related issues.
The 14-member delegation led by Dr Kamal Hossain sat with the CEC and three other election commissioners at EC office around 3:30pm, reports our correspondent.
BNP leaders Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain and Moudud Ahmed and Krishak Sramik Janata League President Kader Siddique were among the Jatiya Oikyafront delegation.