- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Destiny group chairman jailed for 3yrs
Mohammad Hossain, chairman of Destiny 2000 Limited, was sentenced to three years imprisonment for not submitting wealth statement to the Anti-Corruption Commission.
Judge Sheikh Golam Mahbub of the Special Judge Court-6 of Dhaka also fined him Tk 60,000, in default of which he will have to serve three months more in jail.
Mohammad Hossain was present at the courtroom when the judge delivered the verdict.
Earlier, the court recorded statements of five prosecution witnesses including the complainant of the case.