- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Work together for the nominated candidates: PM to hopefuls
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today urged all the nomination seekers of the party to work in unison for the party no matter who gets final nomination.
Work together for those candidates to be nominated by the party, the premier told the nomination aspirants at her official residence Gono Bhaban in Dhaka this afternoon, party sources said. Over 4,000 nomination seekers took part in the meeting.
The candidates will be nominated based on reports of various surveys, several nomination seekers told The Daily Star quoting the premier.
The number of the aspirants is almost double than that of the 2008 election, when around 2,700 people sought the party's nomination.