- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
President gives assent to 10 bills
President Abdul Hamid on Wednesday gave his assent to four bills adopted in the 23th session of the 10th Jatiya Sangsad, said an official release this evening.
The bills are: Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute Bill, 2018,
Shishu (Children) (Amendment) Bill, 2018, Housing and Building Research Institute Bill, 2018, Standards of Weights and Measures Bill, 2018, Sarkari Chakori (Government Job) Bill, 2018, Bangladesh Labour (Amendment ) Bill, 2018, Bangladesh Shishu Academy Bill, 2018, Mental Health Bill, 2018, Infectious Diseases (Prevention, Control and Eradication) Bill, 2018 and National Curriculum and Textbook Board Bill 2018, the release added, reports BSS.