- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
UP chairman held in C’Nababganj
– Police arrested a Union Parishad Chairman from Choudhola bazar area in Gomastapur Upazila on Wednesday night.
The arrestee was identified as Shah Alam, Chairman of Chodhola Union Parishad in the upazila and President of Upazila Workers Federation.
Officer-in-charge of Gomastapur Police Station Jashim Uddin said, Shah Alam was arrested as he was accused in seven cases and an arrest warrant had been issued against him.