- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Four of a family suffer burns in Savar gas cylinder blast
Four members of a family suffered burn injuries in a gas cylinder explosion in Savar on the outskirts of Dhaka city on Thursday morning.
The victims have been identified as Mazharul Islam, 35, his wife Shumi Khatun, 30, and their two daughters Sumaya Khatun, 15, and Suraya Khatun, 8.
Savar Model Police Station's officer-in-charge Abdul Awal told the FE that the victims had been in deep sleep when the explosion happened.
On hearing a hue and cry, their neighbours rushed in and rescued them, he said.
The injured have been admitted to Enam Medical College and Hospital.