News

1 killed, 6 hurt in fire from gas cylinder blast in Dhaka

16 Nov,2018

BDchrinicle :

A minor boy was burnt to death and six others sustained burn injuries in a fire that originated from an explosion of a leaked gas cylinder in a two-storey building in Dhalpur area of DhakaÕs Jatrabari this morning.

The deceased was identified as Tahsan, 8, reports our staff correspondent quoting police.

The incident took place at around 8:30am this morning when a leaked gas cylinder exploded when someone was lighting a gas stove on the ground floor of the building, said Kazi Wazed Ali, officer-in-charge of Jatrabari Police Station.

Victims of Jatrabari fire due to gas leakage are admitted to the burn and plastic surgery unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital ( DMCH) for treatment. 

A portion of the buildingÕs wall collapsed due to the explosion, causing the boyÕs death, the OC said.

On information, firefighters rushed to the spot and doused the flames, while the injured were rescued and taken to the burn and plastic surgery unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) for treatment, he also said.

The injured were identified as: Suman, 40; his wife Sajuli, 35; their son Nishan, 14; Atar Begum, 70; Alamgir, 30; and his wife Kajali, 24.

Three of the injured are in critical condition, Sub-Inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH Police Outpost, told Bdchronicle.

A police team has gone to the spot, OC Wazed said.

More News