- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Shakib retained, Fizz released ahead of IPL auctions
Sunrisers Hyderabad retained Shakib Al Hasan ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL) auctions but Mustafizur Rahman was released by the Mumbai Indians.
Shakib Al Hasan is currently recuperating from injury and started doing light batting sessions just a few days ago. His IPL side Sunrisers made it to the final of the last edition of the tournament in ShakibÕs maiden season with the IPL side. He joined the outfit last season, having previously featured for Kolkata Knight Riders in the previous seven editions. He was one of the bargain buys of the 2018 edition of the tournament and Sunrisers Hyderabad had acquired his services after a bidding war with Rajsthan Royals during the previous IPL auctions. He contributed to getting his team to the final with meaningful all-round performances.
Mustafizur was acquired by three-time champions Mumbai Indians last season but he did not make the kind of impact that was expected off him. He played seven matches and got seven wickets last season as Mumbai failed to make the playoffs.