- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
PEC examinee killed in Chattogram road accident
A Primary Education Completion examinee was killed and a minor girl injured in a collision between a human hauler and a CNG-run auto-rickshaw in Chattogram port colony area on Monday morning.
The deceased was identified as Sumona Akhter, 12.
Assistant sub-inspector Alauddin of Chittagong Medical College and Hospital police out post said the auto-rickshaw collided with the human hauler around 09:00am, leaving Sumona and minor girl Pinky Akhter critically injured.
Later, they were rushed to the hospital where doctors declared Sumona dead.