- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Results of DU 'Gha' unit’s fresh entry test to be published at 5pm today
The results of the freshly held Gha-unit admission test of Dhaka University will be published at 5:00pm today.
To get the full results of the test, students can go to admission.eis.du.ac.bd, according to a press release issued by the public relations office of the University of Dhaka.
Dhaka University (DU) authorities retook Gha unit test for admission to first-year honours programmes in the 2018-19 academic sessions on November 17.
Some 18,463 students, who obtained pass marks in the previous test held on October 12, appeared in the examination against 1,615 seats.
WHY DID DU AUTHORITIES DECIDE TO RETAKE THE EXAM?
The authorities decided to re-run the entry test following a student protest over question paper leak.
Dhaka University (DU) on October 16 admitted the allegation and said the question paper of Gha Unit admission test was leaked via digital forgery.
WHAT WAS THE RESULT OF THE FIRST TEST?
Dhaka University announced the results for Gha unit – where over 18,500 students passed.
Around 26 percent admission seekers had obtained pass marks in the test held on October 19, which is the highest pass rate in this unit in the last five years.