- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Sakib returns as Bangladesh bat
Bangladesh skipper Sakib al Hasan won the toss and elected to bat first in the first Test of the two-match series against West Indies at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Thursday.
Sakib overcame fitness concern to play his first game in any format since September while the home side handed a debut to teenage off-spinner Nayeem Hasan.
Nayeem joined a four-man spin attack, which also include Sakib, Taijul Islam and Mehidy Hasan.
Bangladesh: Imrul Kayes, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mahmudullah, Sakib al Hasan (Capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Mithun, Mehedi Hasan, Taijul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman and Nayeem Hasan
West Indies: Kraigg Brathwaite (Capt), Kieran Powell, Shai Hope, Shimron Hetmyer, Roston Chase, Sunil Ambris, Shane Dowrich, Shannon Gabriel, Jomel Warrican, Kemar Roach and Devendra Bishoo