- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Banks asked to share loan default info with returning officers
Bangladesh Bank has asked all commercial banks to share the information of loan defaulters with the returning officers for ensuring the participation of qualified persons in the upcoming general election.
Bankers will have to share the information with the returning officers after November 28, the last day of nomination paper submission, said a Bangladesh Bank circular.
Bankers must willingly collect the necessary information, like name, father’s name and mother’s name of the persons who will submit the nomination paper.
Bank officials can also provide the information of the loan default to the returning officers by attending at the time of the nomination paper.