- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Model Peya featured on cover of Vogue India
Jannatul Ferdous Peya, renowned Bangladeshi model and actress, has been featured on the cover of the famous magazine Vogue India, a fashin beauty and lifestyle magazine.
The 2007 Miss Bangladesh has posed for the cover of the Indian edition of the iconic monthly fashion and lifestyle magazine along with five other female models of the South Asian Countries.
They are-- Pooja Mor, 24 (INDIA), Deki Wangmo, 22 (BHUTAN), Raudha Athif, 20 (MALDIVES), Shenelle Rodrigo, 21 (SRI LANKA) and Varsha Thapa, 22 (NEPAL).
Vogue India, the only Vogue edition to exist in South Asia, featured the popular models of the SAARC nations on the eve of its ninth anniversary being celebrated under the headline “Celebrating beauty of diversity.”
Born and raised in a conservative Muslim family in a small town called Khulna, a career in modelling wasn’t an easy road to tread for Jannatul Ferdoush Peya.
Her love for fashion and a chance meeting with well-known Bangladeshi photographer Apurbo Abdul Latif lead her to participate in, and win, the Miss Bangladesh contest just after she finished school.
In 2010, she bagged her first big campaign with clothing line Aarong and soon ventured into acting.
“Deepika Padukone is a huge inspiration—like her, I too want to expand my career beyond my country,” says the law graduate who is currently interning with Dr Kamal Hossain & Associates, one of Dhaka’s biggest law firms.
Her next target is to signing more Bengali movies and a temporary move to the UK to study law.
In 2013, she won the crown of Miss Indian Princess International beating contestants from 19 countries.
She has so far acted in several dramas such as, "To be or not to be" and "Projapotir Shukh Dukkho".
Her first debut movie name is Chorabali directed by Redwan Rony in 2012. Her next releases are Gangster Returns and Story of Samara . She is now busy shooting her next movies.