- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Ershad admitted to CMH
Jatiya Party chairman HM Ershad was hospitalised on Tuesday morning as he felt sick.
His press secretary Sunil Shuvo Roy said the party chairman was admitted to the Combined Military Hospital in the capital early in the morning.
He said Ershad had been suffering from pain in his knees and some other complications.
Roy said their chairman needed to go to Singapore for his regular health check-up, but he could not go due to the forthcoming general election.