- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Ershad is fine, doesn’t need to go to Singapore: Hawlader
Jatiya Party secretary general ABM Ruhul Amin Hawlader on Wednesday said their chairman HM Ershad is now fine and he does not need to go to Singapore for treatment.
‘Our chairman HM Ershad is now fine and healthy. He has been at Combined Military Hospital for regular health check-up,’ he said.
He came up with the remarks at a press briefing at Jatiya Party chairman's Banani office, a day after Ershad was admitted to the hospital.
Hawlader said Ershad may return home within a day or two.
Replying to a question, he said their chairman has long been receiving treatment in Singapore but now he is not going there.
Ershad was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday morning as he fell sick.
His press secretary Sunil Shuvo Roy said Ershad has been suffering from serious pain in his knees and some other complications.
Roy said their chairman needs to go to Singapore for his regular health check-up, but he cannot go due to the forthcoming general election.