- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
LG Life’s Good Disabled Students’ Trust Fund Scholarship Handed Over at DU
LG Life’s Good Disabled Students’ Trust Fund Scholarship awarded three differently able students of Dhaka University (DU) for their outstanding effort and results in the academic examinations.
Dhaka University Vice-chancellor Professor Dr. Md Akhtaruzzaman and LG Electronics Bangladesh Managing Director D K Son handed over the scholarship cheque to three students at a function held today (on Wednesday, November 28) at the conference room of the Vice-Chancellor’s office of the university.
DU Treasurer Prof. Kamal Uddin presided over the function organised by the trust fund while Chairman of History Department Prof. dr. Ahmed Abdullah Jamal, Acting Director of The Institute of Education and Research (IER) Professor Dr. Abdul Malek of the university and Head of Consumer Electronics Mahmudul Hasan of LG Electronics Bangladesh were present on the occasion.
The awardees are Shahanaj Aktar (First year, History Dept.), Enmanuel Titu Mondol (Forth year, Sociology Dept.) and Taslima Sultana Mitu (B.Ed, IER).
As chief guest on the occasion Vice-chancellor Professor Dr. Md Akhtaruzzaman said, “Differently able students need different type of supports to realize their dream. This LG trust fund for physically disabled students will undoubtedly support and inspire them to go ahead in life.”
As special guest, D K Son, Managing Director of LG Electronics Bangladesh said, “Disability is not inability. Fighting many obstacles, the differently able students came to the stage of higher education and have proven themselves. Now it’s the responsible peoples’ turn to support their cause. This trust fund scholarship is a sign of love and appreciation of LG Electronics Bangladesh to the differently able students.”