- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
AL likely to announce 300 candidates by nomination withdrawal day
Awami League is likely to announce its list of candidature in all 300 constituencies on the last day for withdrawal of nomination papers scheduled for December 9.
The party general secretary Obaidul Quader on Wednesday at a press conference at the office of the party president, said, ‘We will try to finalise the party nominations in 300 seats after the scrutiny of the nomination forms and if not possible then we will do it by last day for withdrawal of nominations on December-9.’
‘We will share 70 seats with alliance the partners and the process of seat sharing with the partners is finalised,’ said Quader, also the road transport and bridges minster.
Quader earlier said that they would finalise nomination of party’s 300 seats by Monday but they deferred the date showing ‘technical’ grounds.
Joint general secretary of the party Abdur Rahman, central leaders SM Kamal, Abdus Sabur, Shamsunnahar Champa, and Biplab Barua and others attended the press conference.