- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Nazrul Islam made BNP’s polls coordination committee chief
BNP has formed its election coordination committee headed by the party’s Standing Committee Member Nazrul Islam Khan to oversee the 11th parliamentary elections slated for December 30.
“The committee has been formed as per the party’s decision to observe the elections but the names of the rest of the committee members have not been finalised yet. The list of the full committee members will be disclosed soon,” said Sairul Kabir Khan, an officer of the BNP chairperson’s press wing.
BNP, which boycotted the 10th parliamentary elections, has formed an alliance with Gonoforum, JSD, Nagorik Oikya and Krishak Shramik Janata League to contest in the upcoming general elections under the platform of Jatiya Oikyafront.
Apart from the new alliance, BNP-led 20-party combine is also taking part in the elections.