- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
RMG workers’ demonstrations halt traffic on Dhaka-Mymensingh Highway
Traffic on Dhaka-Mymensingh Highway came to a halt on Thursday morning as the workers of a garment factory put up barricade at Bhabanipur on the highway in Gazipur protesting at retrenchment of workers.
Witnesses said a group of workers of 'See A Knitwear' garment factory went on work abstention around 8:30am and took to the streets protesting at retrenchment of workers, disrupting traffic movement on the busy road.
On information, a team of police went to the spot to bring the situation under control.