- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Two held for ‘creating fake news sites’ in city
Members of Rapid Action Battalion on Thursday claimed they arrested two people in connection with publishing fake news after creating fake websites of Prothom Alo and other national newspapers in a drive at Mohammadpur in the city and Tongi in Gazipur.
The identities of the arrestees could not be known yet.
Tipped-off, a team of RAB-2 conducted separate drives in Mohammdpur area and Tongi in Gazipur and arrested two people for making false report by creating many fake websites.