- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Mostofa Sarwar Farooki to direct one-shot ‘Holey Bakery’
Eminent filmmaker Mostofa Sarwar Farooki is all set to direct a one-shot film titled ‘Holey Bakery’ next year, according to an interview he gave in Variety.
Farooki, who is currently in Busan as part of the short film jury at the Busan Film Festival, stated that the audience can expect it to be ‘intimate and intense’.
‘In that one-shot I believe we will be able to explore the complexity of South Asian politics, the rise of the culture of hatred, the rise of intolerance, the rise of militancy and conflict between the modern Bangladesh and a small segment of those who are conservative,’ he remarked.
He even confirmed it on his Facebook account on Tuesday, stating that he is anticipating the joys and angst of the journey ‘Holey Bakery’ will put him in.
A cast will be set in place in early 2017 and principal photography will begin in March. Farooki’s production outfit Chabial will produce with other entities joining shortly.
His upcoming film ‘Doob’, starring Tisha and Bollywood superstar Irrfan Khan is currently in post-production process.
The plot of ‘Holey Bakery’ is based on the incident last July, where armed gunmen held up customers, mostly foreigners, at the Holey Artisan Bakery for 12 hours, before killing 20 of them and two of the bakery staff. Two police officers and five of the gunmen died in a shootout.