- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Five killed in Sirajganj road accident
Five women were killed and 23 other people injured in a collision among three vehicles on the eastern side of Bangabandhu Bridge at Kodda intersection in Sirajganj sadar on Thursday.
The identities of the deceased could not be known immediately.
Snigdha Akter, additional superintendent of police, said a Dhaka-bound 'Alif Paribahan' bus hit a bus from behind as its driver lost control over steering while a speeding truck coming from the opposite direction crashed into the two buses around 11:30am, leaving five people dead on the spot and 23 others injured.
The injured were taken to a local hospital.