- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Miscreants shoot at Bangladesh Bank DGM in Khulna
Unidentified miscreants shot at a Bangladesh Bank deputy general manager at Bakshipara in Khulna city Friday evening.
Victim Pravash Chandra Datta, 55, is also son-in-law of fisheries and livestock minister Narayon Chandra Chanda.
Local people said that unidentified miscreants shoot at Pravash at the entrance of his house while he just entered the house at about 10:15pm.
Sonadanga police station officer-in-charge Momtazul Haque said that bullet hit the abdomen.
‘Pravash is undergoing treatment at Khulna Medical College Hospital,’ he said.
The police officer said that none was arrested.