- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Airport road blockade removed after over 6hrs
Traffic movement on Airport Road returned to normal as the blockade imposed by a faction of Tabligh Jamaat was removed after over six hours following requests by law enforcers.
The activists freed the road around 3:45pm.
Earlier, a section of Tabligh Jamaat blocked the Airport Road around 9:00am following a clash.
A man was killed and more than 150 people were injured in the clash between two factions of Tabligh Jamaat over establishing supremacy on Ijtema ground on the bank of the river Turag.
Around 138 people were given treatment at Tongi Ahsan Ullah Master Health Complex, our staff correspondent reports quoting Ashish Kumar Banik, emergency medical officer of the hospital.
The clash ensued after Fazr prayer when the followers of Tabligh Jamaat leader of New Delhi Moulana Jubair Hassan tried to enter the premises of Ijtema venue where the supporters Saad Kandhalvi of Pakistan took position since Wednesday, police said.