- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
40,199 polling centres finalised
The Election Commission yesterday finalised a total of 40,199 polling centres nationwide for the December 30 polls.
The EC has started publishing gazettes after finalising the polling centres, said EC Deputy Secretary Md Abdul Halim Khan.
The list of polling centres for each of 300 constituencies was being published in the gazettes, he said.
The Commission has legal obligation to publish gazettes on the lists of the voting centres at least 25 days before polls.
Some 104.2 million voters will be allowed to exercise their franchise in the upcoming election through the 40,199 polling stations.
In the 10th parliamentary elections, there were 37,707 polling stations nationwide for around 91.9 million voters.