- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
‘Food Carnival’ begins at IUB
A day-long “Food Carnival” has begun at the campus of Independent University, Bangladesh in city’s Bashundhara Residential area on Monday.
The business carnival with the theme of “Food” started around 9am on Monday. It was organized by the School of Business of the IUB.
A total of 32 stalls have been installed at the carnival premises showcasing only food items.
Holey Artisan Bakery, the restaurant that fell prey to the worst terrorist attack in Bangladesh's history, has participated in the event for the first time since the terrifying incident took place in July.
A total of 20 people, mostly foreigners, were brutally murdered during the chilling siege.
Popular businesses like --Nanu’s Food Factory, Nadia’s Dhaba, Nobabi Fuchka Ghar, New Zealand Natural, Ice & Spice Mama Tehari and Thanda Garam Juice,--are showcasing different food stuffs.
When interviewed, Abul Khair Jyote, coordinator of Independent Marketers’ Association also the organizer of the event, told UNB it is the first ever business carnival in the IUB campus based on only food items.
When asked, why the theme is set as food, Abul Khair Jyote said we picked the topic us marking the World Food Day, which was observed in the country as elsewhere in the world on Sunday.
Apart from the “Food Carnival”, Independent HR Society (IHRS) is set to hold a seminar on the campus around 1:00 pm.
Independent University Finance & Accounting Club (IUFAC) will hold another seminar around 2:00pm.