- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Nepali student goes missing from Sylhet hostel
A Nepali student of a private medical college in the city has been missing for the last 13 days.
The missing student was identified as Sawgat Gewali, 26, a student of North East Medical College in the city.
Medical College sources said that Sawgat used to live in a room of ‘Rupsha’ building of the college hostel. The hostel authority found his room locked at night on November10 last.
Later, as he did not return, Abdul Ahad, security in-charge of the college, filed a general diary with Dakhshin Surma Police Station on November 16.
Mostafizur Rahman, assistant commissioner of police of the police station, said they were informed that Sawgat left Bangladesh for Kolkata on November 9.
Bishal Shawrma, another Nepali Student of the college, said Sawgat’s father informed him that Sawgat’s family do not know his whereabouts since he left the hostel.