- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Nepali student goes missing from Sylhet hostel
A Nepali student of a private medical college in the city has been missing for the last 13 days.
The missing student was identified as Sawgat Gewali, 26, a student of North East Medical College in the city.
Medical College sources said that Sawgat used to live in a room of ‘Rupsha’ building of the college hostel. The hostel authority found his room locked at night on November10 last.
Later, as he did not return, Abdul Ahad, security in-charge of the college, filed a general diary with Dakhshin Surma Police Station on November 16.
Mostafizur Rahman, assistant commissioner of police of the police station, said they were informed that Sawgat left Bangladesh for Kolkata on November 9.
Bishal Shawrma, another Nepali Student of the college, said Sawgat’s father informed him that Sawgat’s family do not know his whereabouts since he left the hostel.