- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Nepali student goes missing from Sylhet hostel
A Nepali student of a private medical college in the city has been missing for the last 13 days.
The missing student was identified as Sawgat Gewali, 26, a student of North East Medical College in the city.
Medical College sources said that Sawgat used to live in a room of ‘Rupsha’ building of the college hostel. The hostel authority found his room locked at night on November10 last.
Later, as he did not return, Abdul Ahad, security in-charge of the college, filed a general diary with Dakhshin Surma Police Station on November 16.
Mostafizur Rahman, assistant commissioner of police of the police station, said they were informed that Sawgat left Bangladesh for Kolkata on November 9.
Bishal Shawrma, another Nepali Student of the college, said Sawgat’s father informed him that Sawgat’s family do not know his whereabouts since he left the hostel.