- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Nepali student goes missing from Sylhet hostel
A Nepali student of a private medical college in the city has been missing for the last 13 days.
The missing student was identified as Sawgat Gewali, 26, a student of North East Medical College in the city.
Medical College sources said that Sawgat used to live in a room of ‘Rupsha’ building of the college hostel. The hostel authority found his room locked at night on November10 last.
Later, as he did not return, Abdul Ahad, security in-charge of the college, filed a general diary with Dakhshin Surma Police Station on November 16.
Mostafizur Rahman, assistant commissioner of police of the police station, said they were informed that Sawgat left Bangladesh for Kolkata on November 9.
Bishal Shawrma, another Nepali Student of the college, said Sawgat’s father informed him that Sawgat’s family do not know his whereabouts since he left the hostel.