- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Hasina pays homage to national heroes of Hungary
Budapest (Hungary), BdChronicle:
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday paid rich tributes to the national heroes of Hungary at 'Heroes Square' here in City Park.
While paying homage, Sheikh Hasina stood there in solemn silence for some time as a mark of respect to the national heroes who died for establishing their motherland.
Hasina also placed wreaths and paid tributes to the heroes who died for establishing the statehood of Hungary.
The Prime Minister arrived here on Sunday on a four-day official tour, which was the first-ever highest level visit to Hungary by any Bangladeshi leader.
Heroes Square is one of the major squares in Budapest noted for its iconic statue complex featuring the Seven Chieftains of Magyars and other important national leaders as well as tomb of the unknown soldiers.