- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Hasina pays homage to national heroes of Hungary
Budapest (Hungary), BdChronicle:
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday paid rich tributes to the national heroes of Hungary at 'Heroes Square' here in City Park.
While paying homage, Sheikh Hasina stood there in solemn silence for some time as a mark of respect to the national heroes who died for establishing their motherland.
Hasina also placed wreaths and paid tributes to the heroes who died for establishing the statehood of Hungary.
The Prime Minister arrived here on Sunday on a four-day official tour, which was the first-ever highest level visit to Hungary by any Bangladeshi leader.
Heroes Square is one of the major squares in Budapest noted for its iconic statue complex featuring the Seven Chieftains of Magyars and other important national leaders as well as tomb of the unknown soldiers.