- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Hasina pays homage to national heroes of Hungary
Budapest (Hungary), BdChronicle:
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday paid rich tributes to the national heroes of Hungary at 'Heroes Square' here in City Park.
While paying homage, Sheikh Hasina stood there in solemn silence for some time as a mark of respect to the national heroes who died for establishing their motherland.
Hasina also placed wreaths and paid tributes to the heroes who died for establishing the statehood of Hungary.
The Prime Minister arrived here on Sunday on a four-day official tour, which was the first-ever highest level visit to Hungary by any Bangladeshi leader.
Heroes Square is one of the major squares in Budapest noted for its iconic statue complex featuring the Seven Chieftains of Magyars and other important national leaders as well as tomb of the unknown soldiers.