- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
37 Rohingyas sent back to Myanmar
Cox’s Bazar, BdChronicle:
Members of Boarder Guard of Bangladesh (BGB) sent back some 37 Rohingyas to Myanmar following their attempt to intrude Bangladesh territory though the Naf River on Monday night.
Imran Ullah Sarker, commanding officer of BGB-38 battalion, said some 37 Rohingyas were trying to enter Bangladesh territory illegally riding through Ghumdhum border points at night.
Later, the BGB team pushed them back to Myanmar, Imran added.
Meanwhile, local sources informed that around 30 families intruded in Bangladesh from Monday night to early Tuesday and took shelter in a unregistered Rohingya camp.