- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Indian for enhancing military ties with BD
Visiting Indian Defence Minister Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar on Wednesday stressed the need for taking joint efforts to enhance military ties between Bangladesh and India.
The Indian minister came up with the view when he met President Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban.
Mentioning that terrorism is a global problem, Manohar said India has been working to establish regional peace.
Welcoming the minister to Bangabhaban, Abdul Hamid said Bangladesh follows zero tolerance policy in combating terrorism in all its forms.
He expressed condolences for dastardly terrorist attack on the army base at Uri, Kashmir and on the Indian Air Force Base at Pathankot.
President's Press secretary Joynal Abedin briefed reporters after the meeting.
Observing that Bangladesh and India enjoy excellent bilateral relations, Abdul Hamid said the ties are expanding gradually.
He urged the Indian minister to send more Indian military officials to Bangladesh for training for deepening relations between the armed forces of the two countries.