- Dhaka urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Explain newborn’s death on Dhaka city road: HC
- Prof Golam Rabbani made DU new proctor
- 50 pc Rohingyas, stranded in no-man’s land, entered BD
- Tanbir’s 61* spurs Bangladesh A 1-0 lead against Ireland A
- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
Indian for enhancing military ties with BD
Visiting Indian Defence Minister Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar on Wednesday stressed the need for taking joint efforts to enhance military ties between Bangladesh and India.
The Indian minister came up with the view when he met President Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban.
Mentioning that terrorism is a global problem, Manohar said India has been working to establish regional peace.
Welcoming the minister to Bangabhaban, Abdul Hamid said Bangladesh follows zero tolerance policy in combating terrorism in all its forms.
He expressed condolences for dastardly terrorist attack on the army base at Uri, Kashmir and on the Indian Air Force Base at Pathankot.
President's Press secretary Joynal Abedin briefed reporters after the meeting.
Observing that Bangladesh and India enjoy excellent bilateral relations, Abdul Hamid said the ties are expanding gradually.
He urged the Indian minister to send more Indian military officials to Bangladesh for training for deepening relations between the armed forces of the two countries.