- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Indian for enhancing military ties with BD
Visiting Indian Defence Minister Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar on Wednesday stressed the need for taking joint efforts to enhance military ties between Bangladesh and India.
The Indian minister came up with the view when he met President Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban.
Mentioning that terrorism is a global problem, Manohar said India has been working to establish regional peace.
Welcoming the minister to Bangabhaban, Abdul Hamid said Bangladesh follows zero tolerance policy in combating terrorism in all its forms.
He expressed condolences for dastardly terrorist attack on the army base at Uri, Kashmir and on the Indian Air Force Base at Pathankot.
President's Press secretary Joynal Abedin briefed reporters after the meeting.
Observing that Bangladesh and India enjoy excellent bilateral relations, Abdul Hamid said the ties are expanding gradually.
He urged the Indian minister to send more Indian military officials to Bangladesh for training for deepening relations between the armed forces of the two countries.