- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
Bangladeshi children in NY get textbooks
Consul General of Bangladesh in New York, Md Shameem Ahsan, has distributed primary textbooks and other official publications among the students of Manhattan Bangla Cultural School.
Chairman of the school’s management committee Iqbal Ahmed Mahbub, founding president and director of the school Manika Roy, teachers, members of the management committee, and guardians, among others, were present.
The Consul General assured to make more books available to the students in near future.
Manhattan Bangla Cultural School was launched on December 6, 2015 to help the children of Bangladesh community in New York learn their mother tongue as well as retain and nurture the unique and distinct culture and tradition of Bangladesh.