- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
Bangladeshi children in NY get textbooks
Consul General of Bangladesh in New York, Md Shameem Ahsan, has distributed primary textbooks and other official publications among the students of Manhattan Bangla Cultural School.
Chairman of the school’s management committee Iqbal Ahmed Mahbub, founding president and director of the school Manika Roy, teachers, members of the management committee, and guardians, among others, were present.
The Consul General assured to make more books available to the students in near future.
Manhattan Bangla Cultural School was launched on December 6, 2015 to help the children of Bangladesh community in New York learn their mother tongue as well as retain and nurture the unique and distinct culture and tradition of Bangladesh.