- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Bangladeshi children in NY get textbooks
Consul General of Bangladesh in New York, Md Shameem Ahsan, has distributed primary textbooks and other official publications among the students of Manhattan Bangla Cultural School.
Chairman of the school’s management committee Iqbal Ahmed Mahbub, founding president and director of the school Manika Roy, teachers, members of the management committee, and guardians, among others, were present.
The Consul General assured to make more books available to the students in near future.
Manhattan Bangla Cultural School was launched on December 6, 2015 to help the children of Bangladesh community in New York learn their mother tongue as well as retain and nurture the unique and distinct culture and tradition of Bangladesh.