- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Bangladeshi children in NY get textbooks
Consul General of Bangladesh in New York, Md Shameem Ahsan, has distributed primary textbooks and other official publications among the students of Manhattan Bangla Cultural School.
Chairman of the school’s management committee Iqbal Ahmed Mahbub, founding president and director of the school Manika Roy, teachers, members of the management committee, and guardians, among others, were present.
The Consul General assured to make more books available to the students in near future.
Manhattan Bangla Cultural School was launched on December 6, 2015 to help the children of Bangladesh community in New York learn their mother tongue as well as retain and nurture the unique and distinct culture and tradition of Bangladesh.