- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
‘World AIDS Day’ today
The World AIDS Day 2016 is being observed today (Thursday) in the country as elsewhere across the globe, aiming to raise mass awareness, especially among the youth, to prevent the spread of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
The theme of the day this year is: “Leadership, Commitment, Impact.”
The World AIDS Day is observed on December 1 every year to raise awareness about acute immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) caused by HIV, and to demonstrate international solidarity in the face of the endemic.
The day is an opportunity for public and private partners to disseminate information about the status of the pandemic and encourage progress in HIV prevention, treatment and care around the world, particularly in high prevalence countries.