- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
‘World AIDS Day’ today
The World AIDS Day 2016 is being observed today (Thursday) in the country as elsewhere across the globe, aiming to raise mass awareness, especially among the youth, to prevent the spread of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
The theme of the day this year is: “Leadership, Commitment, Impact.”
The World AIDS Day is observed on December 1 every year to raise awareness about acute immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) caused by HIV, and to demonstrate international solidarity in the face of the endemic.
The day is an opportunity for public and private partners to disseminate information about the status of the pandemic and encourage progress in HIV prevention, treatment and care around the world, particularly in high prevalence countries.