- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
‘World AIDS Day’ today
The World AIDS Day 2016 is being observed today (Thursday) in the country as elsewhere across the globe, aiming to raise mass awareness, especially among the youth, to prevent the spread of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
The theme of the day this year is: “Leadership, Commitment, Impact.”
The World AIDS Day is observed on December 1 every year to raise awareness about acute immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) caused by HIV, and to demonstrate international solidarity in the face of the endemic.
The day is an opportunity for public and private partners to disseminate information about the status of the pandemic and encourage progress in HIV prevention, treatment and care around the world, particularly in high prevalence countries.