- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Eid-e-Miladunnabi being observed
The holy Eid-e-Miladunnabi, marking the birth and demise of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh), is being observed in the country today (Tuesday) with due religious solemnity.
On this day in 570, the 12th of Rabiul Awal of the Hijri calendar, Muhammad was born in Makkah of Saudi Arabia with divine blessings and messages of peace for mankind. He also passed away on the same day.
The day is a public holiday.
Various religious, socio-cultural and political organisations, including Islamic Foundation, are observing the day with elaborate programmes, including discussions and milad mahfil.
Bangladesh Betar, Bangladesh Television and private TV channels are airing special programmes while newspapers published special articles highlighting the significance of the day.
Meanwhile, President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia issued separate messages greeting the country’s people and Muslims across the world.