- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Eid-e-Miladunnabi being observed
The holy Eid-e-Miladunnabi, marking the birth and demise of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh), is being observed in the country today (Tuesday) with due religious solemnity.
On this day in 570, the 12th of Rabiul Awal of the Hijri calendar, Muhammad was born in Makkah of Saudi Arabia with divine blessings and messages of peace for mankind. He also passed away on the same day.
The day is a public holiday.
Various religious, socio-cultural and political organisations, including Islamic Foundation, are observing the day with elaborate programmes, including discussions and milad mahfil.
Bangladesh Betar, Bangladesh Television and private TV channels are airing special programmes while newspapers published special articles highlighting the significance of the day.
Meanwhile, President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia issued separate messages greeting the country’s people and Muslims across the world.