- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Eid-e-Miladunnabi being observed
The holy Eid-e-Miladunnabi, marking the birth and demise of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh), is being observed in the country today (Tuesday) with due religious solemnity.
On this day in 570, the 12th of Rabiul Awal of the Hijri calendar, Muhammad was born in Makkah of Saudi Arabia with divine blessings and messages of peace for mankind. He also passed away on the same day.
The day is a public holiday.
Various religious, socio-cultural and political organisations, including Islamic Foundation, are observing the day with elaborate programmes, including discussions and milad mahfil.
Bangladesh Betar, Bangladesh Television and private TV channels are airing special programmes while newspapers published special articles highlighting the significance of the day.
Meanwhile, President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia issued separate messages greeting the country’s people and Muslims across the world.