- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Eid-e-Miladunnabi being observed
The holy Eid-e-Miladunnabi, marking the birth and demise of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh), is being observed in the country today (Tuesday) with due religious solemnity.
On this day in 570, the 12th of Rabiul Awal of the Hijri calendar, Muhammad was born in Makkah of Saudi Arabia with divine blessings and messages of peace for mankind. He also passed away on the same day.
The day is a public holiday.
Various religious, socio-cultural and political organisations, including Islamic Foundation, are observing the day with elaborate programmes, including discussions and milad mahfil.
Bangladesh Betar, Bangladesh Television and private TV channels are airing special programmes while newspapers published special articles highlighting the significance of the day.
Meanwhile, President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia issued separate messages greeting the country’s people and Muslims across the world.