- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Speaker returns home from UK
Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury returned home from the United Kingdom on Sunday after attending the 62nd commonwealth parliamentary conference held in London.
Dr Shirin inaugurated the seven-day CPA annual conference held from December 11 to 17 with the theme ‘Collaborative Commonwealth: Unity, Diversity and Common Challenges’ as the Chairperson of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association’s (CPA).
During the conference, she also took part in various programmes, including the CPA general assembly and the CPA executive committee’s meeting, said a Parliament Secretariat release.
Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Posts and Telecommunications and ICT Ministry Imran Ahmed also joined the event as a CPA executive committee member.
Besides, Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Ministry Suranjit Sengupta, Waresat Hussain Belal, MP, Abu Sayeed Al Mahmood Swapon, MP, and Shirin Neyeem, MP, participated in the programme as representatives from Bangladesh.