- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
Speaker returns home from UK
Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury returned home from the United Kingdom on Sunday after attending the 62nd commonwealth parliamentary conference held in London.
Dr Shirin inaugurated the seven-day CPA annual conference held from December 11 to 17 with the theme ‘Collaborative Commonwealth: Unity, Diversity and Common Challenges’ as the Chairperson of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association’s (CPA).
During the conference, she also took part in various programmes, including the CPA general assembly and the CPA executive committee’s meeting, said a Parliament Secretariat release.
Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Posts and Telecommunications and ICT Ministry Imran Ahmed also joined the event as a CPA executive committee member.
Besides, Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Ministry Suranjit Sengupta, Waresat Hussain Belal, MP, Abu Sayeed Al Mahmood Swapon, MP, and Shirin Neyeem, MP, participated in the programme as representatives from Bangladesh.