- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
Speaker returns home from UK
Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury returned home from the United Kingdom on Sunday after attending the 62nd commonwealth parliamentary conference held in London.
Dr Shirin inaugurated the seven-day CPA annual conference held from December 11 to 17 with the theme ‘Collaborative Commonwealth: Unity, Diversity and Common Challenges’ as the Chairperson of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association’s (CPA).
During the conference, she also took part in various programmes, including the CPA general assembly and the CPA executive committee’s meeting, said a Parliament Secretariat release.
Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Posts and Telecommunications and ICT Ministry Imran Ahmed also joined the event as a CPA executive committee member.
Besides, Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Ministry Suranjit Sengupta, Waresat Hussain Belal, MP, Abu Sayeed Al Mahmood Swapon, MP, and Shirin Neyeem, MP, participated in the programme as representatives from Bangladesh.