- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Speaker returns home from UK
Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury returned home from the United Kingdom on Sunday after attending the 62nd commonwealth parliamentary conference held in London.
Dr Shirin inaugurated the seven-day CPA annual conference held from December 11 to 17 with the theme ‘Collaborative Commonwealth: Unity, Diversity and Common Challenges’ as the Chairperson of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association’s (CPA).
During the conference, she also took part in various programmes, including the CPA general assembly and the CPA executive committee’s meeting, said a Parliament Secretariat release.
Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Posts and Telecommunications and ICT Ministry Imran Ahmed also joined the event as a CPA executive committee member.
Besides, Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Ministry Suranjit Sengupta, Waresat Hussain Belal, MP, Abu Sayeed Al Mahmood Swapon, MP, and Shirin Neyeem, MP, participated in the programme as representatives from Bangladesh.