- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Dhaka to talk to Naypyidaw over Rohingya repatriation
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Wednesday said the government will soon talk to the Myanmar government over sending back the Rohingyas who intruded into Bangladesh recently.
“The Rohingyas who trespassed into Bangladesh were given shelter on humanitarian grounds. We’ll talk to the Myanmar government soon to send them back,” he told the 139th Rajpunnah festival of tribal Bomang community.
The 17th chief (Raja) of Bomang Circle U Cha Prue, State Minister for Chittagong Hill Tracts Affairs Bir Bahadur, Army Area Commander Major General Jahangir Kabir Talukdar, Bandarban Region Commander Brig Gen Jubaiyer Salehin, Bandarban Zila Parishad Chairman Kashoyha, Chittagong Additional DIG Shakhawat Hossain, Bandarban Deputy Commissioner Dilip Kumar Banik were present at the event.
The Rajpunnah festival, an annual festival of the Bomang community to pay annual land tax to the King began in 1875 during the tenure of 9th Bomang Circle Raja Sanaiyer.
Hundreds of tourists have started thronging the hill district to join the festival that will end on Saturday.
Earlier, the Home Minister inaugurated a new building of Bandarban Police Lines School at Balaghata in the district town.