- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
7 named for Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar
Seven personalities have been chosen for the Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar for 2017 in recognition of their contributions to their respective fields.
Bangla Academy Director General Shamsuzzaman Khan announced the names at a press conference at the academy auditorium on Monday.
The recipients are Poet Abu Hasan Shahriar (poetry), Shahaduz Zaman (fiction), Morshed Shafiul Hasan (essay and research), Dr Niaz Zaman (translation), freedom fighter and human rights activist Dr MA Hasan (literature on Liberation War), Noorjahan Bose (biography/memoir) and Rashed Rauf (children literature).
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hand over the prestigious Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar to the awardees at the inaugural ceremony of the month-long Amar Ekushey Book Fair on February 1.