- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
7 named for Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar
Seven personalities have been chosen for the Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar for 2017 in recognition of their contributions to their respective fields.
Bangla Academy Director General Shamsuzzaman Khan announced the names at a press conference at the academy auditorium on Monday.
The recipients are Poet Abu Hasan Shahriar (poetry), Shahaduz Zaman (fiction), Morshed Shafiul Hasan (essay and research), Dr Niaz Zaman (translation), freedom fighter and human rights activist Dr MA Hasan (literature on Liberation War), Noorjahan Bose (biography/memoir) and Rashed Rauf (children literature).
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hand over the prestigious Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar to the awardees at the inaugural ceremony of the month-long Amar Ekushey Book Fair on February 1.