- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
7 named for Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar
Seven personalities have been chosen for the Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar for 2017 in recognition of their contributions to their respective fields.
Bangla Academy Director General Shamsuzzaman Khan announced the names at a press conference at the academy auditorium on Monday.
The recipients are Poet Abu Hasan Shahriar (poetry), Shahaduz Zaman (fiction), Morshed Shafiul Hasan (essay and research), Dr Niaz Zaman (translation), freedom fighter and human rights activist Dr MA Hasan (literature on Liberation War), Noorjahan Bose (biography/memoir) and Rashed Rauf (children literature).
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hand over the prestigious Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar to the awardees at the inaugural ceremony of the month-long Amar Ekushey Book Fair on February 1.