- Rohingya: World’s Most Persecuted Minority
- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
7 named for Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar
Seven personalities have been chosen for the Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar for 2017 in recognition of their contributions to their respective fields.
Bangla Academy Director General Shamsuzzaman Khan announced the names at a press conference at the academy auditorium on Monday.
The recipients are Poet Abu Hasan Shahriar (poetry), Shahaduz Zaman (fiction), Morshed Shafiul Hasan (essay and research), Dr Niaz Zaman (translation), freedom fighter and human rights activist Dr MA Hasan (literature on Liberation War), Noorjahan Bose (biography/memoir) and Rashed Rauf (children literature).
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hand over the prestigious Bangla Academy Shahitya Puroshkar to the awardees at the inaugural ceremony of the month-long Amar Ekushey Book Fair on February 1.