- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Myanmar border guards gun down BD fisherman
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
A Bangladeshi fisherman was shot dead and another injured as Myanmar Border Guard Police (BGP) opened fire on them while fishing in the Bay of Bengal near Teknaf upazila early Monday.
The victim was identified as Nurul Amin, 26, son of Kabir Ahmed, a resident of Chowdhurypara of Teknaf municipality.
Hakim Ali, also a fisherman, said a group of fishermen were fishing there around 7am.
At one stage, a BGP team intruded into the Bangladesh water territory and opened fire on the fishermen, leaving Nurul dead on the spot and Mortuza Miah injured, Hakim added.
The injured fisherman was taken to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital.