- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Myanmar border guards gun down BD fisherman
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
A Bangladeshi fisherman was shot dead and another injured as Myanmar Border Guard Police (BGP) opened fire on them while fishing in the Bay of Bengal near Teknaf upazila early Monday.
The victim was identified as Nurul Amin, 26, son of Kabir Ahmed, a resident of Chowdhurypara of Teknaf municipality.
Hakim Ali, also a fisherman, said a group of fishermen were fishing there around 7am.
At one stage, a BGP team intruded into the Bangladesh water territory and opened fire on the fishermen, leaving Nurul dead on the spot and Mortuza Miah injured, Hakim added.
The injured fisherman was taken to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital.