- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Myanmar border guards gun down BD fisherman
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
A Bangladeshi fisherman was shot dead and another injured as Myanmar Border Guard Police (BGP) opened fire on them while fishing in the Bay of Bengal near Teknaf upazila early Monday.
The victim was identified as Nurul Amin, 26, son of Kabir Ahmed, a resident of Chowdhurypara of Teknaf municipality.
Hakim Ali, also a fisherman, said a group of fishermen were fishing there around 7am.
At one stage, a BGP team intruded into the Bangladesh water territory and opened fire on the fishermen, leaving Nurul dead on the spot and Mortuza Miah injured, Hakim added.
The injured fisherman was taken to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital.