- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Myanmar border guards gun down BD fisherman
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
A Bangladeshi fisherman was shot dead and another injured as Myanmar Border Guard Police (BGP) opened fire on them while fishing in the Bay of Bengal near Teknaf upazila early Monday.
The victim was identified as Nurul Amin, 26, son of Kabir Ahmed, a resident of Chowdhurypara of Teknaf municipality.
Hakim Ali, also a fisherman, said a group of fishermen were fishing there around 7am.
At one stage, a BGP team intruded into the Bangladesh water territory and opened fire on the fishermen, leaving Nurul dead on the spot and Mortuza Miah injured, Hakim added.
The injured fisherman was taken to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital.