- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Myanmar border guards gun down BD fisherman
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
A Bangladeshi fisherman was shot dead and another injured as Myanmar Border Guard Police (BGP) opened fire on them while fishing in the Bay of Bengal near Teknaf upazila early Monday.
The victim was identified as Nurul Amin, 26, son of Kabir Ahmed, a resident of Chowdhurypara of Teknaf municipality.
Hakim Ali, also a fisherman, said a group of fishermen were fishing there around 7am.
At one stage, a BGP team intruded into the Bangladesh water territory and opened fire on the fishermen, leaving Nurul dead on the spot and Mortuza Miah injured, Hakim added.
The injured fisherman was taken to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital.