- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Bangladesh earn four gold medals in Kathmandu Int’l Taekwondo
Bangladesh has earned four gold medals in the First Kathmandu International Taekwondo Championship concluded in the Nepalese capital recently.
Bangladesh finished runners-up securing 10 medals, including four gold, three silver and three bronze medals, while India emerged champions in the meet, participated by some 1200 players from nine countries.
The gold winning Bangladeshi players are Masum Khan (BGB), Dipu Chakma (Army), Nuruddin and Samir Khan.
The silver medalists of Bangladesh are Nurul Amin (BGB), Kazi M Enayetullah, (BGB) and Sheikh Humayan Kabir (BGB).
Three bronze medalists are Labiba Fairuz Hasan, Friyana Quraishi and Radiah Riyana Mushfique.
Bangladesh team, headed by Federation general secretary Mahmudul Islam Rana, returned home on Monday.