- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Bangladesh earn four gold medals in Kathmandu Int’l Taekwondo
Bangladesh has earned four gold medals in the First Kathmandu International Taekwondo Championship concluded in the Nepalese capital recently.
Bangladesh finished runners-up securing 10 medals, including four gold, three silver and three bronze medals, while India emerged champions in the meet, participated by some 1200 players from nine countries.
The gold winning Bangladeshi players are Masum Khan (BGB), Dipu Chakma (Army), Nuruddin and Samir Khan.
The silver medalists of Bangladesh are Nurul Amin (BGB), Kazi M Enayetullah, (BGB) and Sheikh Humayan Kabir (BGB).
Three bronze medalists are Labiba Fairuz Hasan, Friyana Quraishi and Radiah Riyana Mushfique.
Bangladesh team, headed by Federation general secretary Mahmudul Islam Rana, returned home on Monday.